Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Safari

I have seen this question posed once before but it didn't have any useful answers linked so I was hoping to spark the conversation again. So, for reference, I have a 2015 MacBook Pro and every time I launch safari and try to go to YouTube, Netflix, or even just my gmail, the following message appears:

Safari can't open the page. The error is: "The operation couldn't be completed. Message too long" (NSPOSIXErrorDoman:40)

This is quite frustrating as it leaves you feeling quite hopeless as you can't even perform the simplest of online tasks anymore. As school is approaching as summer ends I am hoping a resolution can be found before then! Please Help if/and when possible! :))

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 2:00 PM

You don't necessarily have to take it anywhere. If you methodically proceeded with all those suggestions and are still experiencing the problem, the Apple Support document above concludes with:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

They can use troubleshooting techniques such as being able to observe your Mac (with your consent of course) that are not available to the rest of us.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 2:00 PM in response to LEOOwilliams

You don't necessarily have to take it anywhere. If you methodically proceeded with all those suggestions and are still experiencing the problem, the Apple Support document above concludes with:

"If you still need help, please contact Apple Support."

They can use troubleshooting techniques such as being able to observe your Mac (with your consent of course) that are not available to the rest of us.

Jul 12, 2022 9:49 AM in response to LEOOwilliams

If Safari on Mac isn't opening a web page or working as expected - Apple Support provides a number of suggestions ranging from the mundane (reload the page) to more useful and potentially helpful. Be sure to review all of them.

You might try restarting your Mac in "Safe Mode" to isolate some additional potential causes: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Determine if the same problems manifest while in that mode, then restart your Mac normally (not "Safe Mode") and observe again. Report your observations.

Issue with Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.