Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown calls

All my incoming calls show unknown, even though most a from people in my contact list. How do I correct this?

Why do all my incoming calls show unknown, even when they are from people in my contact

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 12:18 PM

Most likely your carrier is not forwarding the phone number of the caller to your phone; you need to contact them and ask them to provision Incoming Caller ID for your line.

It’s also possible, but less likely, that you haven’t enabled Dial Assist in Settings/Phone. It is the default, so if it isn’t on you turned it off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 12:18 PM in response to Sela1103

Most likely your carrier is not forwarding the phone number of the caller to your phone; you need to contact them and ask them to provision Incoming Caller ID for your line.

It’s also possible, but less likely, that you haven’t enabled Dial Assist in Settings/Phone. It is the default, so if it isn’t on you turned it off.

Unknown calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.