Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Backup password recovery

How to recover password of Iphone backup in windows Itunes

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 7:35 AM

As given:

The only way to use an encrypted backup, or turn off backup encryption if currently enabled, is with the password that was entered when it was set up. The setting is stored on the device itself, so persists even if you delete your current backup set or switch to a new computer. If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 7:35 AM in response to Yogesh4You

As given:

The only way to use an encrypted backup, or turn off backup encryption if currently enabled, is with the password that was entered when it was set up. The setting is stored on the device itself, so persists even if you delete your current backup set or switch to a new computer. If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated.

tt2

Jul 14, 2022 6:03 AM in response to turingtest2

The suggested thread is not relevant to my problem. Thanks.

my issue is - I have taken back up of my IPhone X in a windows laptop before sending my IPhone to service. After getting my phone back I have tried to restore the phone with the back up taken. But the ITunes asking for password. I completely know that I have not encrypted the back. Now how I can restore that back.

Itunes Backup password recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.