Itunes Backup Password Recovery

Recently, I performed a factory reset on my iPhone, anticipating a straightforward restoration from my iTunes backup. However, I was confronted with an unexpected hurdle: the backup is password-protected, and I have unfortunately forgotten the password. This password was set several years ago, and its necessity slipped my mind over time.

This situation has left me unable to access my data, which is crucial for both my personal and professional use.

Given that I have access to all my data for proof - itunes credentials, proof of purchase, etc - is there a way to recover the password used to encrypt previous backups?

The backup was done with iTunes on Windows.

Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 7, 2023 10:49 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 7, 2023 11:19 AM in response to giorgi_otarashvili

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community. In particular:

If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated. See About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Itunes Backup Password Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.