Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on my apple tv

I have no sound on my apple TV. I have sound on my other apps.

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 8:29 AM

I'm using a Samsung NOT smart TV with chromecast.

Like this?

The Apple TV app on the ‘Chromecast with Google TV’ dongle (2020 model) would use the general audio settings from the device. There is nothing to configure for audio for the Apple TV app specifically. Verify that the audio format is configured as Stereo for use with stereo speakers, else it might send a more complex audio stream that can’t be (fully) decoded.

Advanced sound settings for Chromecast with Google TV - Chromecast Help

If you are sending content from an iPhone or Mac computer to your TV via chromecast, then also specify the sending device. Apple apps on such home network relaying devices do not support chromecast (instead support AirPlay). Select third party apps on iPhone may support both.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 8:29 AM in response to Appletvconfusion

I'm using a Samsung NOT smart TV with chromecast.

Like this?

The Apple TV app on the ‘Chromecast with Google TV’ dongle (2020 model) would use the general audio settings from the device. There is nothing to configure for audio for the Apple TV app specifically. Verify that the audio format is configured as Stereo for use with stereo speakers, else it might send a more complex audio stream that can’t be (fully) decoded.

Advanced sound settings for Chromecast with Google TV - Chromecast Help

If you are sending content from an iPhone or Mac computer to your TV via chromecast, then also specify the sending device. Apple apps on such home network relaying devices do not support chromecast (instead support AirPlay). Select third party apps on iPhone may support both.

No sound on my apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.