Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you help me with recovery assistant

I am in recovery assistant but cannot access the menu to select wi-fi network. How do I do this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 7:05 PM

Hi aprilg_68,

If a Wi-Fi icon doesn't appear in macOS Recovery (when Recovery Assistant is running), try the following:

• If you have an Ethernet adapter and cable, plug that in to your MacBook Air to establish an Internet connection.

• If your Mac has the M1 or M2 chip, shut down your Mac. Then, press, release, and immediately press and hold the power button (Touch ID) until Startup Options begins to load. Then, choose Options and click Continue. This process loads a backup copy of macOS Recovery that should hopefully function as expected and provide the Wi-Fi icon.

• If your Mac has an Intel processor, restart it while holding down Option-Command-R. This requests Internet Recovery, and you will be prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network as part of the process.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 7:05 PM in response to aprilg_68

Hi aprilg_68,

If a Wi-Fi icon doesn't appear in macOS Recovery (when Recovery Assistant is running), try the following:

• If you have an Ethernet adapter and cable, plug that in to your MacBook Air to establish an Internet connection.

• If your Mac has the M1 or M2 chip, shut down your Mac. Then, press, release, and immediately press and hold the power button (Touch ID) until Startup Options begins to load. Then, choose Options and click Continue. This process loads a backup copy of macOS Recovery that should hopefully function as expected and provide the Wi-Fi icon.

• If your Mac has an Intel processor, restart it while holding down Option-Command-R. This requests Internet Recovery, and you will be prompted to connect to a Wi-Fi network as part of the process.

can you help me with recovery assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.