Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken phone - need access to iCloud

I have dropped my iPhone into a puddle. It now won't turn on and I'm worried I will have lost my photos. I have my iCloud account password so wanted to login and see if the phone was regularly backing up. When logging in it sends a 'verify your identity' code to my phone number, which obviously I can't access! How do I get round this please?

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 9:25 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jul 14, 2022 11:08 AM in response to Nippos

HI Nippos,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with accessing a verification code on your iPhone. We'd like to help.

From what you've described, it sounds like this is your only trusted device. Is that correct? Is it possible that you have another Apple device or computer that you're signed into with the same Apple ID? The reason we ask is that you will need to verify that you should be accessing this account before being able to view the data in the iCloud website.

Check to see if this resource helps at all: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If you still have issues, you may need to start Account Recovery or replace/repair iPhone to gain access again. How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Take care!

Broken phone - need access to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.