Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International calling

I have been trying to call someone in Mexico and the call does go through and it rings over 5 times but right when I am about to leave a voice message the call is dropped automatically. Does that mean I have been blocked?

iPhone SE (Gen 2)

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 12:31 PM

It probably doesn't mean you've been blocked. There is generally no indication that you've been blocked. On an iPhone, if you've been blocked, you can still leave a voicemail. The recipient just doesn't see it.

I would suggest that you contact your carrier as phone calls are a carrier issue. But, keep in mind that it could also be an issue on the other end.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 12:31 PM in response to R_956E

It probably doesn't mean you've been blocked. There is generally no indication that you've been blocked. On an iPhone, if you've been blocked, you can still leave a voicemail. The recipient just doesn't see it.

I would suggest that you contact your carrier as phone calls are a carrier issue. But, keep in mind that it could also be an issue on the other end.

International calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.