Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I have i pad mini since 2013-2014 which I am not using that since 2017-2018..yesterday i just found it in the mess of my bedroom and turned it on.It shows activation lock..I am not sure which is i use in that neither I m able to log in thru apple id because i forgot security question answers but I changed apple id password though it doesn't let me log in either...I have lost bill also.Its a vintage product for me.Pleaseeee help me out...I m totally lost.Though when I used it last time in 2017 apple some face application..I had got mail in my email id regarding this log in.....but when I now log in thru that I'd it shows its not that id which was logged in iPad...totally confused...Help pls

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 11:20 AM

If you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 11:20 AM in response to rishabh284

If you are the original owner, contact Apple. Apple can remove the ID  if provided the required paperwork to include the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. 

Request additional support for unlocking your device.    -

You used to be able to take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store (if it has reopened) and have them remove the ID. This may have changed, so call the store before going to make sure they can help.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.   -

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.