Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it advisable to put your Apple phone on power saving mode when the phone is 50 and above percent?

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 6:39 AM

It's a personal preference. I have a friend who almost always uses it because nothing it turns off or throttles is important to her and she's more interested in battery saving. I use it when I expect not to have access to charging for a while and know I'll need the phone.

When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone or iPad will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete. Also, some tasks might not work until you turn off Low Power Mode.

Low Power Mode reduces or affects these features:

• 5G (except for video streaming) on iPhone 12 models1
  • Auto-Lock (defaults to 30 seconds)
  • Display brightness
  • Display refresh rate (limited up to 60 Hz) on iPhone and iPad models with ProMotion display2
  • Some visual effects
  • iCloud Photos (temporarily paused)
  • Automatic downloads
  • Email fetch
  • Background app refresh

From: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 6:39 AM in response to lod228

It's a personal preference. I have a friend who almost always uses it because nothing it turns off or throttles is important to her and she's more interested in battery saving. I use it when I expect not to have access to charging for a while and know I'll need the phone.

When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone or iPad will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete. Also, some tasks might not work until you turn off Low Power Mode.

Low Power Mode reduces or affects these features:

• 5G (except for video streaming) on iPhone 12 models1
  • Auto-Lock (defaults to 30 seconds)
  • Display brightness
  • Display refresh rate (limited up to 60 Hz) on iPhone and iPad models with ProMotion display2
  • Some visual effects
  • iCloud Photos (temporarily paused)
  • Automatic downloads
  • Email fetch
  • Background app refresh

From: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jul 14, 2022 6:14 AM in response to lod228

I never use low power mode. whether it is 'advisable' is going to be quite subjective.

Does your iPhone battery not last thru the day? No opportunity to top off your charge during the day?

Low power mode can affect some features..

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Personally, if I were to turn on Low Power mode at some point, it would likely be because I hit 20-30% and would not have access to charge in the next several hours.

Jul 14, 2022 6:27 AM in response to lod228

I can't find any documentation from Apple that recommends that you switch to Power Saving Mode at 50%, so while it would probably not hurt to do this, I doubt that it would help unless you are consistently running low on battery power every day.

As you know, the phone will automatically switch to Low Power Mode when it feels that it needs to.

Personally, I have never manually switched to Low Power Mode on my iPhone, but that's me.

Is it advisable to put your Apple phone on power saving mode when the phone is 50 and above percent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.