Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Does Low power mode affect your battery?

I always used to have my battery saver on because I thought it is ok to do that

Recently a friend told me that if the battery is over 20% I should not keep it on because that will damage my phone

So can I keep the low battery mode on even if my phone is fully charged?

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 8:52 PM

Hello again!

Low Power Mode changes how your iPhone works to a certain extent. To see what’s different, than when this feature is turned off, please see: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Low Power Mode automatically turns off “when the device is sufficiently charged.”

I’ve never heard that having it on all day will negatively affect the battery. The only downsides to this is whatever’s mentioned in the Article above👆.

Take a look at these Support Articles for more info on different ways to get the most out of your battery, both on a daily basis, and during the battery’s lifetime.

👉 Maximizing the battery performance and lifespan of your iPhone. 

👉 iPhone Battery and Performance. 

👉 About the battery usage on your iPhone

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 8:52 PM in response to lexi_i

Hello again!

Low Power Mode changes how your iPhone works to a certain extent. To see what’s different, than when this feature is turned off, please see: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

Low Power Mode automatically turns off “when the device is sufficiently charged.”

I’ve never heard that having it on all day will negatively affect the battery. The only downsides to this is whatever’s mentioned in the Article above👆.

Take a look at these Support Articles for more info on different ways to get the most out of your battery, both on a daily basis, and during the battery’s lifetime.

👉 Maximizing the battery performance and lifespan of your iPhone. 

👉 iPhone Battery and Performance. 

👉 About the battery usage on your iPhone

Does Low power mode affect your battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.