Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeating Keyboard

My 2016 Macbook Pro keyboard is repeating like crazy. It sounds like a lot of people started having this problem in 2020 coinciding with Covid. I was just told by customer service that even though everything stopped in 2020 and I could not go to a store to fix it I am not eligible for a free fix of their defective product. My time frame expired.

Apple acknowledges they have produced a defective product will a delayed issue and don't sttand by it.

I'm surprised and disappointed in the company.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 7:01 AM

freyda146 wrote:

My 2016 Macbook Pro keyboard is repeating like crazy. It sounds like a lot of people started having this problem in 2020 coinciding with Covid. I was just told by customer service that even though everything stopped in 2020 and I could not go to a store to fix it I am not eligible for a free fix of their defective product. My time frame expired.
Apple acknowledges they have produced a defective product will a delayed issue and don't sttand by it.

you can try cleaning

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

there are limits yes—

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 7:01 AM in response to freyda146

freyda146 wrote:

you can try cleaning

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro - Apple Support

there are limits yes—

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Jul 14, 2022 8:01 AM in response to freyda146

freyda146 wrote:

I tried cleaning it-useless. I was told by an apple rep it woulld cost at least over $400. I've lost confidence in Apple.
I was one of the firstt tto buy tthe producttts. See what I mean about reepeatting.

It is a known issue yes the problematic Butterfly keyboard 2016-2018.

You can use an external keyboard as a work a round.

Repeating Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.