Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard sticking?

I have had a problem with the keyboard sticking or repeating letters intermittently for several years, the left shift key finally broke off. I have had to use 2 finger force for at least a year to get the key to work. Apple Genius bar has told me that it will cost $478 for a new keyboard!!! Long story short, I read on Apple support for keyboards (after I returned home) that my Mac was eligible for a free fix. Why would they not tell me this? Has anyone else had this happen?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2022 6:34 AM

Hi,

Apple offer keyboard service program, though Apple Say:

"The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit."

Just wonder if your MacBook Pro suits this statement.

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 26, 2022 3:24 AM in response to kaz-k

I really don't know the purchase date but the model is MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2017 so it does't fall within the 4 year window. I guess my next question would be, why does a million or billion dollar company not fix obvious flaws in their product? Car makers are required to fix "recalls" indefinitely!

keyboard sticking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.