Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

codesign fails with errSecInternalComponent

Hello, I am trying to sign my application with my developer id, but codesign always fails with error errSecInternalComponent.

I found similar issues on the internet, where the solution was to lock the keychain, then running codesign so it ask for the password to unlock the keychain, but that didn't work for me.

So here's what I do:

1. go to KeyChain app and File -> Lock all keychains
  2. in Terminal: codesign --force --deep --sign "Apple Development: my name (alphanumeric id)" MyApp.app but it errors:

Warning: unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer "Apple Development: my name (alphanumeric id)"

MyApp.app: errSecInternalComponent

A few basic checks:

developer certificate is installed:

In XCode -> Preferences -> Accounts I have my apple ID with the developer subscription, and if I click Manage Certificates I see one cert under "Apple Development Certificates" I created today.

Is it the correct type of certificate to sign apps?

How can I fix my problem?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

codesign fails with errSecInternalComponent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.