Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Studio Display - sound gone suddenly?

Hello,

I've been using my Studio Display for the past few months with no problems, love it in fact. Today, upon connecting my MacBook Pro 14" - there is very weird sound behavior.

1) In applications like Teams, FaceTime, etc - there is no sound coming through (even though Sound settings are set on Output and Input both in the application and in MacOS 12.4 to be Studio Display). The other party can not hear me either.

2) When I go to Apple Music, and start playing a song, it will play like 1-2 seconds then cut out -- almost as if there is a milisecond of static before it goes out. I have lots of Airplay 2 speakers and when I test the 'casting' to one of them, the music is playing just fine (from MBP casted to Airplay output).

So there is definitely something that has happened with the Studio Display sound/microphone setup... I have not noticed any software updates specifically recently to Mac OS, I'm on 12.4 (21F79).

Studio Display

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 6:34 PM

Hello. I had the same problem and found a way to resolve it.

tldr; Turn it off and on again.

1. Disconnect your Mac from the display.
  2. Disconnect or turn off the power to the display for 10-15 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power. The studio display will reboot.
  4. Connect your Mac, and enjoy working speakers.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 6:34 PM in response to napos

Hello. I had the same problem and found a way to resolve it.

tldr; Turn it off and on again.

1. Disconnect your Mac from the display.
  2. Disconnect or turn off the power to the display for 10-15 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power. The studio display will reboot.
  4. Connect your Mac, and enjoy working speakers.

Studio Display - sound gone suddenly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.