Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not receiving and sending emails

My iPad quit receiving and sending emails. It says imap-mail.outlook.com is not responding. My iPhone is sending and receiving just fine. Can this be fixed on my iPad

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 2:12 PM

Cottage dweller wrote:

My iPad quit receiving and sending emails. It says imap-mail.outlook.com is not responding. My iPhone is sending and receiving just fine. Can this be fixed on my iPad

If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 14, 2022 3:08 PM in response to Cottage dweller

In common with many other Mail providers, Microsoft Outlook and Hotmail accounts now use App Specific Passwords to access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, requires a unique password to be generated from within the Microsoft account. To do so, you’ll need to sign-in to your Microsoft account from a we-browser. Note that the system generated App Specific password will intentionally differ from your Microsoft account password - and can only be used to access your Microsoft mail.

More information about Microsoft’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/using-app-passwords-with-apps-that-don-t-support-two-step-verification-5896ed9b-4263-e681-128a-a6f2979a7944

iPad not receiving and sending emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.