Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Screen burn

Hello,

I’ve had the iPhone 13 Pro now for over 9 months. Recently I’ve noticed some screen burnt shapes in my screen.

The shapes are from the Waze App I use 5 days week to get around.

Is this something that anyone else is experiencing? Is there another I can contact about this because I’m guessing it’ll only get worse.

I know it’s only very faint now but should this be happening?

I've attached photos below

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Hello,

Yes the screen stays the same no matter what wallpaper or app is on the screen.

This can’t be seen when the screen brightness is turn up to full, only when the brightness is below 25% ish.

What can I do to fix this because it’s annoying when using my phone in the evening at low brightness.

3 replies

Jul 16, 2022 8:31 AM in response to Sam14Thompson

Review this entire article, including the tips, but specifically it is mentioned here: About the Super Retina display and Super Retina XDR display on your iPhone - Apple Support

"If you look at an OLED display off-angle, you might notice slight shifts in color and hue. At reduced display brightness levels against black backgrounds, you might notice a slight blur or color change while scrolling. These are characteristics of OLED and are normal behavior. With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include “image persistence” or “burn-in,” where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This can occur in more extreme cases such as when the same high contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time.

We’ve engineered the Super Retina and Super Retina XDR displays to be the best in the industry in reducing the effects of OLED "burn-in." This includes special algorithms that monitor the usage of individual pixels to produce display calibration data. Your iPhone uses that data to automatically adjust the brightness levels for each pixel as needed to reduce visual effects from "burn-in" and to maintain a consistent viewing experience.

In addition, all displays, including OLEDs and LCDs, might be susceptible to reduced brightness levels as the display ages over time. This can occur on any consumer-electronics product."

Thanks.

iPhone 13 Pro Screen burn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.