Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail inlay attached photo become attachment files once customer received

Hi All,

May I check whether someone have meet the problem same as my situation or not? I'm sending email with inlay photo through Mac Mail, once my customer received it will appear on the attachment file, and the position of the email content will just only indicated the photo file name only.

macOS Big Sur & macOS Catalina version

iMac 24″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 3:34 AM

First, note that you have no control over how the recipient e-mail program will display your message.

Second, whether or not you are displaying an image inline within your message, or not, it is always sent as an attachment.

If you are looking to send a message with a specific look, including images, etc, I suggest you compose it in a program such as Pages and then send a pdf of that file.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 3:34 AM in response to karkitlew

First, note that you have no control over how the recipient e-mail program will display your message.

Second, whether or not you are displaying an image inline within your message, or not, it is always sent as an attachment.

If you are looking to send a message with a specific look, including images, etc, I suggest you compose it in a program such as Pages and then send a pdf of that file.

Mac Mail inlay attached photo become attachment files once customer received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.