Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This device is not eligible for additional coverage - 16 Days Old?

Hi there! I'm getting an error message when I'm trying to purchase AppleCare "This device is not eligible for additional coverage."

I purchased this MacBook from apple 16 days ago, and the funny thing is 2-3 days ago I was looking at the plans and deciding which one I want to buy. Then I was on my system preferences and it said I had X amount of days to buy AppleCare. As soon as I clicked it, it disappeared.

Then I went online and I'm typing in my serial number or even searching through my Apple ID and it says no eligible products found?

How can I fix this issue?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 7:24 AM

Jakevassallo wrote:

Hi there! I'm getting an error message when I'm trying to purchase AppleCare "This device is not eligible for additional coverage."

I purchased this MacBook from apple 16 days ago, and the funny thing is 2-3 days ago I was looking at the plans and deciding which one I want to buy. Then I was on my system preferences and it said I had X amount of days to buy AppleCare. As soon as I clicked it, it disappeared.
Then I went online and I'm typing in my serial number or even searching through my Apple ID and it says no eligible products found?

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your ...

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare agreement - Apple Support

Update your proof of purchase

Contact Apple Support to update your Apple device information.

Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 7:24 AM in response to Jakevassallo

Jakevassallo wrote:

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your ...

Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare agreement - Apple Support

Update your proof of purchase

Contact Apple Support to update your Apple device information.

Update your proof of purchase - Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

This device is not eligible for additional coverage - 16 Days Old?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.