Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover a WhatsApp backup file from iCloud and transfer it to a Windows PC?

I am trying to back up data from my iPhone 6S (16GB, iOS 11.0). To back up my chats and media from WhatsApp, I backed up the data to iCloud. While the iCloud shows a backup of over 830MB, I find myself helpless to actually transfer that backup to any other medium. I want to move it to a new Android device but cannot find any effective method to do the same. I should add that installing Google Drive on my iPhone is a blocked alternative since the app requires iOS 14 and beyond. The iOS upgrade requires more than 8GB of free space on a device that has no more than 4 (12/16GB is booked by the system itself).

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 9:28 AM

If you're having issues with WhatsApp, you should contact the developer or utilize help resources on the product website.

1 reply

How to recover a WhatsApp backup file from iCloud and transfer it to a Windows PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.