Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 on iPhone 12 Pro issue with Graphic app

Since upgrading my iPhone 12 Pro to iOS 15.4.1 (and now at 15.5), my Graphic app crashes when trying to use the Layers Action Menu (copy, duplicate, merge, opacity, delete). This is the only problematical function when using the app.

This app was originally Autodesk iDraw then was acquired by Picta and renamed Graphic.

The Layers Action Menu functions perfectly on my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.5.5), ipad (9.3.5) and Mac Pro (10.11.6). So I can only assume that iOS 15 messed up the Layers Action Menu.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can Apple investigate this and fix this in the iOS?

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:11 PM

The first thing to try is to delete the app and reinstall it. If that doesn't help, you're next move would be to contact the developer of the app and let them know what's going on.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple's participation here is minimal.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 2:11 PM in response to Shelley Schreiber

The first thing to try is to delete the app and reinstall it. If that doesn't help, you're next move would be to contact the developer of the app and let them know what's going on.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple's participation here is minimal.

Jul 15, 2022 4:22 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I am reluctant to delete and reinstall because that will delete all my work, which is substantial.

The developer of the app’s company, Picta, is no longer in business, does not reply and cannot be contacted. https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/business.aspx?ubi=604209847

I already contacted Apple developer and they have no record of me acquiring the app from the App Store and never replied to my attempt to contact them.

So now what recourse do I have? Who in Apple can I contact?

Jul 18, 2022 6:10 AM in response to Shelley Schreiber

Unfortunately, if the app has been abandoned by its developer, there's not really anyone to contact. Apple doesn't provide dedicated support for third-party abandonware. I would suggest trying to save any files from the app to a standard file format so that at least you don't lose them.

You might also try searching the web to see if there are other people out there who have run into the same problem and who may have suggestions.

iOS 15 on iPhone 12 Pro issue with Graphic app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.