Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set the battery percentage on the Home Screen?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 4:36 PM

To view Battery Percentage on any phone with the Face ID "notch" at the top of the screen open the Control Center by dragging down from the battery icon, or add a battery widget to your Home screen. If you examine the status bar at the top of the screen you will observe that there is no room to put the battery percentage.

See→Use widgets on your iPhone and iPod Touch

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 4:36 PM in response to Mikedfulmer

To view Battery Percentage on any phone with the Face ID "notch" at the top of the screen open the Control Center by dragging down from the battery icon, or add a battery widget to your Home screen. If you examine the status bar at the top of the screen you will observe that there is no room to put the battery percentage.

See→Use widgets on your iPhone and iPod Touch

Jul 15, 2022 5:02 PM in response to Mikedfulmer

Well, which of the other icons in the status line would you be willing to give up in order to have battery percentage? You can always suggest that Apple allow editing of the status line→Product Feedback - Apple

To me everything in the status line is more important than battery percentage: Carrier, time, app location using alert, cellular signal strength, and Wi-Fi signal strength. The only way I can think of is to have a choice between the battery icon and the battery percentage, because there clearly isn’t room for both. But the battery icon carries a lot more information than just the “thermometer” - It show normal mode (clear), plugged in (green), battery low (red), Low Power Mode (amber).

Jul 15, 2022 3:47 PM in response to sberman

Thanks, but that only discusses the Control Center battery percentage. I just upgraded from an iPhone 8 and I was able to see the actual number in the top left in the old phone(see photo below). In the older version the settings > battery had an option to turn on battery percentage option. In the iPhone 12 I don't see the option (see second photo). Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.