Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get photos transferred from old iPhone to my new iPhone?

I backed my phone up and changed my sim over to my new phone but, all my pictures haven’t come up. I don’t know what to do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:00 AM

did you set up the new phone by restoring from the backup from your previous phone?

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

7 replies

Jul 16, 2022 7:22 AM in response to Emilybradshaw147

If you created a backup of your old phone and restored the new phone with that backup, your photos should have come over. The only reason they would not have is if you were using iCloud photos on the old device. If that is the case, you would need to go to Settings>your Apple ID>iCloud>Photos and turn that switch on. Then make sure you are connected to a stable wi-fi and allow the photos to sync from iCloud. You can also log into iCloud on a computer and check to see if the photos are there. If not, then you may need to try to restore that last backup again.

How to get photos transferred from old iPhone to my new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.