Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental controls “allowed store content”

In “allowed store content” do I select items I want to restrict for my kid or select things I want to allow? It’s confusing. And why can’t I multi-select?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 3:56 PM

"Allowed" means you are permitting the items that follow.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

7 replies

Jul 16, 2022 4:08 PM in response to JulieNC333

JulieNC333 wrote:

For example, if I want to allow my kid to see everything BUT rated R movies, can I select PG-13 and assume it will allow PG-13 if plus everything below it?

Good question!

I believe your example is exactly correct - selecting PG-13 allows all ratings lower, but none higher (cannot view R, NC-17, or Unrated).

I am not an Apple employee and have not tried this first-hand, but I believe that's how it works.

Jul 16, 2022 4:19 PM in response to JulieNC333

This is confusing. I do agree! This is how I understand it....If you choose PG-13, you are saying, "Don't Allow PG-13 movies" (obviously, lol) So, it should not allow PG-13, R, NC-17 or Unrated movies. (Because if you don't want PG-13, then you obviously don't want the R, Nc-17 or Unrated movies as well). I choose 'R' for this setting because I don't want my child getting R-rated movies or anything rated worse than that. So far, it has worked like a charm.

Parental controls “allowed store content”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.