Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay is detecting unknown/suspicious devices on my network

I have a closed and protected Wi-Fi router and I am the only person who knows the password.

I have checked that NO other devices are on the network other than mine.

BUT, whenever any of my devices are connected to ONLY my Wi-Fi device it's saying that I can share my display with an Apple TV. I don't own an Apple TV and I'm 100% sure I do not have any Apple TV's connected to my accounts, or iCloud, or anything. What is going on?

The Sonos IS a device on my network that I own.

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:12 PM

If you see a connectable Apple TV, when you do’t have one, then that might be one of your neighbors, and that they have set it to allow connecting from (nearby) devices even if not on their own home network. It is not you settings, it is theirs. They should change it (see image).

It wouldn’t actually allow streaming until paired using the code on their screen, or the password from their settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2022 7:12 PM in response to EverythingGoodComes2AnEnd

If you see a connectable Apple TV, when you do’t have one, then that might be one of your neighbors, and that they have set it to allow connecting from (nearby) devices even if not on their own home network. It is not you settings, it is theirs. They should change it (see image).

It wouldn’t actually allow streaming until paired using the code on their screen, or the password from their settings.

AirPlay is detecting unknown/suspicious devices on my network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.