Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled iPhone XR not being recognized by iTunes

I am trying to restore using ITunes method however my old Iphone XR still displays "connect to Itunes" even after connecting to Itunes on my computer

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 5:37 AM

Make sure that you are following the steps to put the device into Recovery Mode here. If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

It may also be necessary to check the instructions here. If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 17, 2022 5:37 AM in response to Nikkilynn6676

Connect iPhone to Computer / Mac

Settings > Touch/Face ID & Passcode > USB Accessories > [Enable]

You haven't mentioned whether you have a PC or Mac. However...

1. Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support
  2. If unable to connect --> If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support
  3. If your computer is a...
    1. Mac --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...
    2. Windows PC —> Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows - Apple Community
  4. Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...
  5. See how to --> Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer ...
  6. To reset the passcode for disabled iPhone -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...
  7. Learn how to--> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, contact support

Disabled iPhone XR not being recognized by iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.