Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In my iPad, in mail, trash icon does not appear.

In my iPad, in mail, trash icon does not appear, how can I replace the archive icon to the trash. Also, to delete email when touching the email and sliding to de left the trash option is not there.

There is no way to delete more than 2 emails at once.

Hope someone can help!

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 10:24 AM

Hey there, German Rojas.

You can see if move to trash is available for a swipe option by going to Settings > Mail > Swipe Options under the "Message List" section on your iPad. Check out the information below if you aren't seeing move to trash as an option:

"Depending on the type of email account you have, you might see Archive instead of Trash when you try to delete emails. You can edit your mailbox behavior settings to change this."

That information is from this article: Delete emails on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

That article also has information on how to delete multiple email messages at once, which we will provide below:

"How to delete multiple email messages

1. Open Mail and go to your Inbox.
  2. Tap Edit in the upper-right corner, then individually select the emails that you want to delete, or tap Select All.
  3. Tap Trash or Archive. If you only see Archive, touch and hold Archive to see other options like Trash Selected Messages."

We hope that information helps.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2022 10:24 AM in response to German Rojas

Hey there, German Rojas.

You can see if move to trash is available for a swipe option by going to Settings > Mail > Swipe Options under the "Message List" section on your iPad. Check out the information below if you aren't seeing move to trash as an option:

"Depending on the type of email account you have, you might see Archive instead of Trash when you try to delete emails. You can edit your mailbox behavior settings to change this."

That information is from this article: Delete emails on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

That article also has information on how to delete multiple email messages at once, which we will provide below:

"How to delete multiple email messages

1. Open Mail and go to your Inbox.
  2. Tap Edit in the upper-right corner, then individually select the emails that you want to delete, or tap Select All.
  3. Tap Trash or Archive. If you only see Archive, touch and hold Archive to see other options like Trash Selected Messages."

We hope that information helps.

Take care.

In my iPad, in mail, trash icon does not appear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.