Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to move emails to trash on left swipe

I just wanted to move my emails to the trash when I left swipe, but the only option is to archive them. I’ve tried changing it in mail, but trash is the only option that doesn’t exist (as opposed to flag, archive, etc.) In iOS 13 and before, Passwords & Accounts existed and you could change this in advanced settings, but I’m unable to figure out how to fix it in iOS 14?

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 1:24 AM

Settings > Password and Accounts > [Tap and open the email]

Outlook / Exchange: Tap on Account > Advance Settings > Check what you need Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox

[Move Discarded Messages into]

Gmail / Yahoo / AOL : Tap on Account > Advanced > Check what you need Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox

iCloud: [Scroll Down] Under Advanced Section: Mail > Advanced > Check what you need Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox

What you check here is what you get when you swipe left on an email message.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 1:24 AM in response to dylankirk

Settings > Password and Accounts > [Tap and open the email]

Outlook / Exchange: Tap on Account > Advance Settings > Check what you need Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox

Gmail / Yahoo / AOL : Tap on Account > Advanced > Check what you need Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox

iCloud: [Scroll Down] Under Advanced Section: Mail > Advanced > Check what you need Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox

What you check here is what you get when you swipe left on an email message.

Unable to move emails to trash on left swipe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.