Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting emails

When I’m cleaning out my inbox, iPad and iPhone work very differently. I want iPad to be like iPhone.

When I swipe left in the Inbox, iPhone has a Trash button so it is easy to delete one after another.

On iPad when I swipe left in the Inbox, I get a dialog with More, Move, Archive.

If I tap move, I get 2 choices: Move… and Move to Important.

If I select Move… I have to scroll down to find Trash.

OTOH, if I tap More… I get a very long list, and I still have to scroll down to find Trash.

On iPhone if I open the message, there is a Trash icon at the bottom so I can delete as I go.

On iPad, no Trash icon. I have a file box, a file folder, and a new message icon. The file box sends to Archives. The folder gives 2 choices : Move… and Move to Important. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Why is this so bloody tedious?

That Move to Important is really useless to me, as I have been retired for 15 years. I have ZERO work messages, and rarely receive anything by email that I want to save.

Is there a way to add a Trash icon in the message?

Is there a way I can make move to Trash a top level option instead of Move to Important?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 10:30 AM

You should find that an extended left-swipe will, instead of revealing other options, will immediately delete the email.

Similar questions

1 reply

Deleting emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.