Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email - iPhone & iPad Inconvenient to Trash

I used to be able to trash an email by flicking the email to the left or by using a trash icon at the top of the screen. Now I have to go through several gestures to do this. On the slide menu in the list of emails there are options to file or archive or move the email. Or at the top of the page icons, I have to go to the move or file icons to find the trash. This is so inconvenient!!!! Is there any way to add the trash icon or to change which icons appear as primary? As a follow up, I don’t know if this change occurred by an Apple IOS update, or my upgrade to my iPhone 12 Pro Max, or if it is being forced by a recent change from using Microsoft Outlook as my home email to Google Mail - can you answer this?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:07 PM

GMail account use Archive as default action. To change this, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, tap on the account for which you wish to change the settings, then tap Account > Advanced, and change 'Move Discarded Messages Into' from Archived Mailbox to Deleted Mailbox.

After change is done, tap '< Accounts' in upper-left, then 'Done' in upper-right to save changes made to the account.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 12:07 PM in response to BethRuffing

GMail account use Archive as default action. To change this, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, tap on the account for which you wish to change the settings, then tap Account > Advanced, and change 'Move Discarded Messages Into' from Archived Mailbox to Deleted Mailbox.

After change is done, tap '< Accounts' in upper-left, then 'Done' in upper-right to save changes made to the account.

Email - iPhone & iPad Inconvenient to Trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.