Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail draft emails issues

I have saved two draft emails in the last week, but when I have gone back to finish them, they disappear. When I first see them in my draft folder, I see the text, but upon opening, all the text disappears. The recipients' names are there, the subject is there, but there is no content.

Another oddity about this bug is that after I open the no-content message, I cannot subsequently close the message window. None of the typical means by which one can close a Mac UI window works i.e., clicking the red dot in upper left of window, command W, or using the close command under File ... none of them close the windows.

What rung of apple mail **** am I stuck in, please! These drafts took hours to prepare.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 7:56 AM

aport21 wrote:

I have saved two draft emails in the last week, but when I have gone back to finish them, they disappear. When I first see them in my draft folder, I see the text, but upon opening, all the text disappears. The recipients' names are there, the subject is there, but there is no content.

Another oddity about this bug is that after I open the no-content message, I cannot subsequently close the message window. None of the typical means by which one can close a Mac UI window works i.e., clicking the red dot in upper left of window, command W, or using the close command under File ... none of them close the windows.

What rung of apple mail **** am I stuck in, please! These drafts took hours to prepare.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

You can always force quit an application if stuck...

>Force Quit

Relaunch the Mail.app holding the Shift key down and try again

if no luck try a safeboot

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2022 7:56 AM in response to aport21

aport21 wrote:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

You can always force quit an application if stuck...

>Force Quit

Relaunch the Mail.app holding the Shift key down and try again

if no luck try a safeboot

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Mail draft emails issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.