Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased a brand new product from Walmart, 4K Apple TV and need to activate warranty.

Bought a brand new apple TV from Walmart, and wont let me activate the warranty!

HELP! :)

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 1:31 AM

The warranty is inclusive with the hardware (One year standard limited warranty). I don’t think that requires separate activation. It will be linked to your Apple ID account by setting up the device with that account.

Check your service and support coverage - Apple Support (for products that have been set up/​registered/​activated)

If you have purchased or want to purchase an additional AppleCare plan for extended service, then that will also be linked to the device. In most countries, the add-on service should be added within the first 60 days. AppleCare plans may differ by country.

AppleCare Products - Apple (US)

AppleCare+ for Apple TV - Apple (US)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2022 1:31 AM in response to DeeJayDaveK

The warranty is inclusive with the hardware (One year standard limited warranty). I don’t think that requires separate activation. It will be linked to your Apple ID account by setting up the device with that account.

Check your service and support coverage - Apple Support (for products that have been set up/​registered/​activated)

If you have purchased or want to purchase an additional AppleCare plan for extended service, then that will also be linked to the device. In most countries, the add-on service should be added within the first 60 days. AppleCare plans may differ by country.

AppleCare Products - Apple (US)

AppleCare+ for Apple TV - Apple (US)

Purchased a brand new product from Walmart, 4K Apple TV and need to activate warranty.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.