Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K no ARC Audio in option from Roku Onn. TV 32″ HD 720P TV [100012589]???

I am currently trying to setup the ARC Audio Input on my Apple TV 4K so that all the audio from my TV will play out of my pair of HomePod Minis. After a LOT of trouble tech support at Onn were able to get the TV to see the Apple TV 4K via the CEC menu on the TV Itself, but I have still been unable to get the Apple TV 4K to detect the ARC Audio coming from the TV???

…TV does not support Dolby Atmos, is this the problem? Is Dolby Atmos required for this feature to work? I know it supports at least two other Dolby Audio formats; but cannot find a way to get the TV to see the ARC Audio & therefore I don’t even see the option for the ARC Audio input/passthrough…

can anyone help? My TV is a “Roku Onn. TV 32″ HD 720P TV [100012589]” & I have the Apple TV 4K plugged into the ARC Channel & TV’s Audio set to play out of the ARC Channel.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 10:35 AM

Make sure you have set your pair of HP Mini's as default speakers and and then select the option to "Play television audio". As per the article it requires the 2nd Gen 4K so if you have the original model it won't be supported.

Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) - Apple Support (CA)

1 reply

Apple TV 4K no ARC Audio in option from Roku Onn. TV 32″ HD 720P TV [100012589]???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.