Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone 12 infected with malware or a virus?

I was watching videos via Facebook posts where you have to click on a link to watch. After watching a half dozen plus with out issue I click on my last link BOOM a message pops up instead of a video saying “ your iPhone has 19 viruses” I immediately unjointed the Facebook group, closed my Facebook app, and put my iPhone in airplane mode. Next I powered down my IPhone. I placed on charger which rebooted my iPhone so I immediately placed it airplane mode. How do I find out if my moment of my my mindless stupidity infected my IPhone 12 running iOS 15.5?

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 1:42 AM

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 1:42 AM in response to Mark_Twain_Westcoast

Keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed them on your device or/and have Jailbroken

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Is my iPhone 12 infected with malware or a virus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.