Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone water resistant?

just need so help wit my iPhone 11 pro max which it got water damage now because i thought i had bought an iPhone water resistan but apparently it isn't.

i

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 8:53 AM

See this, About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support and this statement contained in it.

Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. 

It isn't permanent. Contact Apple Support with any questions. Use the Get Support link at the top of the page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 8:53 AM in response to johannacortez

See this, About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support and this statement contained in it.

Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. 

It isn't permanent. Contact Apple Support with any questions. Use the Get Support link at the top of the page.

Jul 20, 2022 8:53 AM in response to johannacortez

iPhone's have a degree of water resistance, but they are not entirely water proof. There's a difference.

You cannot submerge the iPhones and expect them to continue working.

See here: link-> About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
  • Exposing your iPhone to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using your iPhone in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging your iPhone in water
  • Operating your iPhone outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping your iPhone or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws

Is my iPhone water resistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.