Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left iPhone behind alert on Apple Watch

I am unable to get my watch to alert me when I leave my phone behind

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 12:24 PM

You can only set up a separation alert from the device sharing your location. You receive an alert every time the device sharing your location separates from the device you set an alert for.

1. Tap Devices at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the device you want to set up an alert for.
  2. Below Notifications, tap Notify When Left Behind.
  3. Turn on Notify When Left Behind, then follow the onscreen instructions.
  4. If you want to add a Trusted Location, you can choose a suggested location, or tap New Location, select a location on the map, then tap Done.
  5. Tap Done.

See this link for further reference

Set separation alerts in case you leave a device behind in Find My on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 12:24 PM in response to Kayelizabeth

You can only set up a separation alert from the device sharing your location. You receive an alert every time the device sharing your location separates from the device you set an alert for.

1. Tap Devices at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the device you want to set up an alert for.
  2. Below Notifications, tap Notify When Left Behind.
  3. Turn on Notify When Left Behind, then follow the onscreen instructions.
  4. If you want to add a Trusted Location, you can choose a suggested location, or tap New Location, select a location on the map, then tap Done.
  5. Tap Done.

See this link for further reference

Set separation alerts in case you leave a device behind in Find My on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Left iPhone behind alert on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.