Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I backup my iPhone to my computer, would it backup the apps there too?

If I backup my iPhone to my computer would it backup the apps there too ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, 15

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 4:30 PM

For future reference:

A Finder/iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. However, it does not include any of the following items:

• The apps themselves.
  • Content from the iTunes/Music and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks/Books
  • Content synced from iTunes/Music, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
  • Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data

Ref: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2022 4:30 PM in response to Somtochukwu11

For future reference:

A Finder/iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. However, it does not include any of the following items:

• The apps themselves.
  • Content from the iTunes/Music and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks/Books
  • Content synced from iTunes/Music, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
  • Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data

Ref: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

If I backup my iPhone to my computer, would it backup the apps there too?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.