Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using my iPad Pro-4th Gen: backing up

My iPhone 14 and iPad are synced data. If I backup my iPad is the data on my iPhone backed-up also?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 1:11 PM

Data that is synced (e.g., iCloud Photos) is not also included in an iCloud backup.

See the following (and other information) from What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos4, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos. Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 1:11 PM in response to Cag459

Data that is synced (e.g., iCloud Photos) is not also included in an iCloud backup.

See the following (and other information) from What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos4, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos. Some information is not included in an iCloud backup but can be added to iCloud and shared across multiple devices like Mail, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

Using my iPad Pro-4th Gen: backing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.