Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Stripped Screw Removal

So I seem to have stripped a Phillips screw in my iPhone 8 (shown in the picture) and I want to remove it. I have tried different Phillips size bits with now luck. I’ve seen some screw removers on Amazon but wondering if they were too big. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 10:32 AM

I have a screw removal tool called vampliers, they make a small model for smaller screws. I don’t know if they will work on a screw that small.

You damaged that screw really badly, I’m not sure that was actually a Phillips head.

one thing you can try is get a rubber band, place it over the screw head. Push the screw driver head down into the screw hole through the rubber band. Use a bigger driver head.

see if that gives you enough grip to turn the screw.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 10:32 AM in response to MrMcRibYT

I have a screw removal tool called vampliers, they make a small model for smaller screws. I don’t know if they will work on a screw that small.

You damaged that screw really badly, I’m not sure that was actually a Phillips head.

one thing you can try is get a rubber band, place it over the screw head. Push the screw driver head down into the screw hole through the rubber band. Use a bigger driver head.

see if that gives you enough grip to turn the screw.

Jul 21, 2022 10:45 AM in response to MrMcRibYT

They are on Amazon.

just search, look at the one specifically for smaller screws.

they only work on screw heads that protrude from the surface enough to grip.

when they work, they work great. They have saved me numerous times when I work on equipment that the installers messed up the screws by using electric screws drivers or drills.

Only other ways I know to remove them is drill it out.

iPhone 8 Stripped Screw Removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.