Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app expose shows only one app

Hey!

My new MacBook Air shows only one app on the screen while using app expose. All apps are stacked in one row one behind another. I can switch between apps by sliding three fingers to the side. How do I fix it? I really liked this feature when I was testing Mac in shops, but when I bought one it just doesn't work. Inb4 I have updated laptop to the newest version of Monterey.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 9:41 AM

pat08ple04 wrote:

My new MacBook Air shows only one app on the screen while using app expose.

That's expected behavior. App Exposé is only intended to show one app- it displays all the windows of the current app. If you want to see multiple apps, you need to open Mission Control instead. The graphics below show the difference-

App Exposé (Three/four finger swipe down) - Shows all windows in current app

Mission Control (Three/four finger swipe up) - Shows all your open windows, desktop spaces, and full screen/Split View apps

For more - Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2022 9:41 AM in response to pat08ple04

pat08ple04 wrote:

My new MacBook Air shows only one app on the screen while using app expose.

That's expected behavior. App Exposé is only intended to show one app- it displays all the windows of the current app. If you want to see multiple apps, you need to open Mission Control instead. The graphics below show the difference-

App Exposé (Three/four finger swipe down) - Shows all windows in current app

Mission Control (Three/four finger swipe up) - Shows all your open windows, desktop spaces, and full screen/Split View apps

For more - Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac - Apple Support

Hope this helps!

app expose shows only one app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.