Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing activation lock

I have an iphone gotten back from my uncle that was disabled. After following all prompts from itunes on I updated and restored it to factory settings only to be stopped at by activation lock. Discussed with my uncle and he's forgotten the apple id and the email tied to it has been compromised so don't even have the option of forgot password or recovering the account. I started the process for activation removal. Submitted all details receipt inclusive. But after the initial email containing the support case number I haven't gotten another response. Used the number to track it, no show either. And further support contact lead nowhere as it's only available to US or Canadian numbers. The phone in question was bought in Nigeria, didn't have to do a network unlock or anything. It worked fine prior to losing it's password and account. It wasn't reported missing or wiped or locked through find my, so clearly it's not a case of being stolen, I don't get why it's so difficult to recover.

Hope an apple employee or technician sees this. Would really like to get this phone up and running.

Thank you guys.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 11:23 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Removing activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.