Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

I backed up the phone to my computer but when I tray to find the back up ( ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/) there is nothing with this name

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 21, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 6:47 AM

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later:

1. Open the Finder. Click your device.
  2. Under the General tab, click Manage Backups to see a list of your backups. From here, right-click on the backup that you want, then choose Show in Finder, or select Delete or Archive.

3. Click OK when you're finished.

On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC:

1. Open iTunes. Click your device.
  2. Choose Preferences, then click Devices. From here, right-click on the backup that you want, then choose Show in Finder, or select Delete or Archive.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 6:47 AM in response to lescoffery

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later:

1. Open the Finder. Click your device.
  2. Under the General tab, click Manage Backups to see a list of your backups. From here, right-click on the backup that you want, then choose Show in Finder, or select Delete or Archive.

On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC:

1. Open iTunes. Click your device.
  2. Choose Preferences, then click Devices. From here, right-click on the backup that you want, then choose Show in Finder, or select Delete or Archive.

Jul 21, 2022 8:41 PM in response to lescoffery

lescoffery Said:

"Cannot find ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/: I backed up the phone to my computer but when I tray to find the back up ( ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/) there is nothing with this name"

-------

Use Spotlight Search:

[Hold Down +command + Press: spacebar] > Type [the command] > Then press return

Learn More here: Search with Spotlight on Mac - Apple Support

Jul 22, 2022 9:45 AM in response to lescoffery

OK, let's start over.

Connect your iPhone to your Mac. Open a Finder window. Select your iPhone in the sidebar.

Under the General tab, do you see this:

If yes, click Manage Backups ...

Then do you see something like this, showing any backups that have been made:

If yes, then you do have a backup. If not, then you do not have a backup and you should back up again.

If it shows a backup (or more than one), and you want to see evidence of it in the Finder, try the following:

In the Finder menu strip, do Go > Go to Folder. Enter ~/Library and click Go.

A new Finder window will open and you should be in your user folder Library.

Find the Application Support folder and double-click it to open it

• In the Application Support folder, do you see a folder named MobileSync? If yes double-click it to open it.
    • In the MobileSync folder, do you see a folder named Backup? If yes, double-click it to open it.
      • In the Backup folder, do you see one or more folders whose name(s) are a long string of letters & numbers like 00006320-001267G15D45802E? If yes, that is your backup. If you see multiples, then you have multiple backups.

Jul 21, 2022 8:23 PM in response to lescoffery

~/Library and everything contained within is normally hidden from the Finder in order to protect you from accidentally corrupting your system. Neil has indicated the way to open a Finder window to show this hidden folder ... but to do so is at your own peril.

But why do you want to find the backup in the first place? You cannot directly do anything with the backup except copy it, move it or delete it. In all three cases the result will be unusable. Any attempt to do other things to the backup will corrupt it and also make it unusable.

Cannot find ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.