Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 battery maximum capacity and health

Hi

I have a MacBook Air M1 year 2020, and it has the following information under the battery health.

Cycle Count: 94

Condition: Normal

Maximum Capacity: 88%

I think I have very less cycle counts for its age but the Maximum Capacity seems suspicious.

Apple says the battery to reach its maximum capacity of 80% when the cycle count is 1000.

But at this rate, it is way faster than suggested.

Do you think that I have to worry about this and what is the warranty status on this?

Please advice,

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 1:57 AM

As stated above, this is a possibility with rechargeable batteries. They don't age in a linear fashion, so the behavior you described is perfectly normal.

If it continues to age this quickly, and drops below 80%, you should contact Apple and get it serviced.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 22, 2022 1:44 AM in response to nuwaus

Rechargeable batteries, like all consumables, deteriorate as they age. However, this is very rarely liner- batteries generally lose capacity in an erratic way. As such, it might dip, then stay at that level for a long time, or it might slowly drop down over a period of time.

Regarding your warranty, battery replacement is free if under the AppleCare 1 year warranty (which this device is not) or under the AppleCare+ extended warranty (which this device may be). Out of warranty, it's $129 USD. At any rate, Apple will only replace it when the capacity drops below 80%.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Mac Battery Service - Official Apple Support

MacBook Air M1 battery maximum capacity and health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.