Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calculator automatically clear every time I type a number on my numeric pad

I`m using external non-apple keyboard. It is working fine in all the applications I`m using (including native Numbers/Notes and etc.) but not working in native Calculator application. Instead of adding the number it always automatically clears every time I type a number on my numeric pad.

Is there a fix for this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 3:30 AM

12 replies

Jul 22, 2022 4:04 AM in response to dialabrain

I do no calculation at all, cos cant input number longer than one digit. Let me just put step-by-step my actions,

Let`s say I want to input '12'.

1. I open Calculator app - is shows by default '0' in the input field
  2. I press key '1' on the numpad (extended keyboard) - it shows correctly value '1' on the input field
  3. I press key '2' on the numpad (extended keyboard) to have '12' on the input field, instead Calculator automatically presses 'AC' button and cleans the value '1', and in the end shows me '2' on the input field, instead of '12'.

Jul 22, 2022 4:47 AM in response to artt_s

Have just attempted your Exact Outlined steps above using an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard

Using that keyboard, I can not duplication your issue.

Is there some Third Party Software installed that is required for " external non-apple keyboard. " to function ?

The pervious suggestion will not hurt but may be an indicator to some possible Third Party Software involved in this issue.

Safe Boot will eliminate Third Party Software from loading and only load the bare minimum Apple Software for the computer to function, be is not like in Normal Boot

Calculator automatically clear every time I type a number on my numeric pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.