Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone touch pads phone calls

Unable to respond to phone prompts with keypad digits. This happens whether clicks are turned on or off. Does not happen on landline calls. Most annoying

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:58 AM

To clarify: I get no response to keying in numbers on iPhone in response to a verbal request to do so during a call (recently Amazon helpline). Ie “Please tap 123 on your keypad”. When I do so they do not hear a response & end the call. This happens whether I have muted clicks or not. Using a landline phone does not have this problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 5:58 AM in response to SravanKrA

To clarify: I get no response to keying in numbers on iPhone in response to a verbal request to do so during a call (recently Amazon helpline). Ie “Please tap 123 on your keypad”. When I do so they do not hear a response & end the call. This happens whether I have muted clicks or not. Using a landline phone does not have this problem.

IPhone touch pads phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.