Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchasing iPad Student Discount

Hey all,

I'm from Israel and friend is going to the United States in few weeks and he offered to buy me a new iPad.

I was wondering whether I'll be able to get the Student's discount from Apple?

My University is here in Israel of course,

Thank you all

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 4:17 AM

As you don't reside in the U.S., you're not eligible to get the discount from American Apple Stores, even with UNiDAYS verification (which is required anyway). It's also not possible for your friend to get the discount for you (unless, of course, he is a resident of the U.S. and is enrolled in college there). The full terms for the Education Discount in the U.S. can be found here.

Unfortunately, you'd have to get the discount in the website for your country, then pick it up at a licensed location, if possible. It may be worth a shot.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 4:17 AM in response to meitar113

As you don't reside in the U.S., you're not eligible to get the discount from American Apple Stores, even with UNiDAYS verification (which is required anyway). It's also not possible for your friend to get the discount for you (unless, of course, he is a resident of the U.S. and is enrolled in college there). The full terms for the Education Discount in the U.S. can be found here.

Unfortunately, you'd have to get the discount in the website for your country, then pick it up at a licensed location, if possible. It may be worth a shot.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Purchasing iPad Student Discount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.