Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same external monitor setup for ipad pro 3(working) and 5 gen(not working)

I have bought a hub to connect external monitor via hdmi cable to ipad pro gen 5. At first, the cable was not working but when I tried to use the same setup but ipad pro gen 3 this time, the cable started working. The other ports on the hub like usb-a is working properly on both devices and the only problem is the hdmi port for the ipad pro gen 5. Do I need to configure something on gen 5 one?

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 6:26 AM

Your iPad has no configurable settings for for HDMI.

Be aware that USB-C hubs are not all the same - and may not necessarily be compatible with one or more devices. As you have provided no details of the hub, are you certain that is compatible with your fifth generation iPad Pro? You may need to check the manufacturers specifications.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 6:26 AM in response to Oscilloscope

Your iPad has no configurable settings for for HDMI.

Be aware that USB-C hubs are not all the same - and may not necessarily be compatible with one or more devices. As you have provided no details of the hub, are you certain that is compatible with your fifth generation iPad Pro? You may need to check the manufacturers specifications.

Same external monitor setup for ipad pro 3(working) and 5 gen(not working)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.