Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi disconnection after my Update to Monterey

After my update to Monterey, I have experienced intermittent internet connection. My wifi connection is always disconnected either I am in my workplace or even at home. At home, I am working closer to the router and the same problem happens. What should I do?

This never happened to me before but now it is really disappointing.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:43 AM

5 replies

Jul 22, 2022 8:19 AM in response to doanejakarta

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

4 - If not - there could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

5 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then, this appears to be a System Wide issue on the computer.

Understand, we are all working Remotely from all around the world. 

Therefore, we do not have the On-Hands experience the User ( you ) has with this computer.

The next best thing for us to having a semi - actual On-Hand experience on this computer is to follow the steps below

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Jul 22, 2022 8:13 AM in response to doanejakarta

doanejakarta wrote:

After my update to Monterey, I have experienced intermittent internet connection. My wifi connection is always disconnected either I am in my workplace or even at home. At home, I am working closer to the router and the same problem happens. What should I do?

This never happened to me before but now it is really disappointing.

Have you restarted more than once since upgrading...

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

If no resolve try a safeboot to clear cache files

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Wifi disconnection after my Update to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.