Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud storage full issue

Hello All,

I want to share that I am using iPhone 11 and I am using default 5gb of icloud storage.

Since last 5 days I am receiving that it is full. The problem is that it shows 4.79 is data related to documents so I can't find the same so that I can deleted.

Now, I logged in on my browser in icloud and saw all folders like Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Photos, icloud drive, Notes, etc etc.

My photo library is zero as I did not turned on for that, there were few things in download and i have deleted. But still could not find and understand about the data (yellow colour) of 4.79 GB.

Moreover, I have iPhone 5c using the same icloud account also, so shall I removed that device and log out?

Someone, please help.

Thanks.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 9:16 AM

See the article Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Read the section - Use the Files app to manage your files on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When Mac and iPhone is signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network in which iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is turned as on , the documents can be searched from finder > iCloud > Documents ( use its spotlight ) to search them Narrow your search results on Mac - Apple Support

Read this article also Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

And use get info ( right click on the document ) to see the size of document and delete it Delete files and folders on Mac - Apple Support

Follow the steps in the article.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

The iCloud data will be reduced and mirror in iPhone as well in iCloud.com see the article Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 9:16 AM in response to Jagjit Dhillon

See the article Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Read the section - Use the Files app to manage your files on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

When Mac and iPhone is signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network in which iCloud Drive and desktops and documents box is turned as on , the documents can be searched from finder > iCloud > Documents ( use its spotlight ) to search them Narrow your search results on Mac - Apple Support

Read this article also Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

And use get info ( right click on the document ) to see the size of document and delete it Delete files and folders on Mac - Apple Support

Follow the steps in the article.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

The iCloud data will be reduced and mirror in iPhone as well in iCloud.com see the article Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support

Jul 22, 2022 9:48 AM in response to Jagjit Dhillon

Remove the device iPhone 11 from the web account ( see the section - Use the web to remove a device ) Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

May be you are using family sharing account Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan

When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

See Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Icloud storage full issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.