Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Complex formatting on excel graphs

Please could you help me? When I try to make graphs Excel tells me that doing simple things, like trying to change the line color from the default to black is "complex formatting" and will take a while to display. Then each time I change something on the graph (like the font size) it locks up to think for 2-4 minutes.  

I have to make a bunch of Excel graphs for a paper I'm working on. Please could you help me with this?

-I attached a screenshot of the message.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q3C87ZoX_J7Osd1pjlP2dZbUWz1iXotT/view?usp=sharingTHANKS MUCH

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 12:03 PM

No idea why changing or something like that would qualify as "complex formatting".

However, since this is a message from the Excel application and not from macOS, and it relates to the use of Excel, you should probably post this in a forum for MS Office.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that your copy of Excel is up to date (at least as up to date as possible for Catalina).

There could be issues if you are using a version that is too old and not fully compatible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2022 12:03 PM in response to rebecca_walter

No idea why changing or something like that would qualify as "complex formatting".

However, since this is a message from the Excel application and not from macOS, and it relates to the use of Excel, you should probably post this in a forum for MS Office.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that your copy of Excel is up to date (at least as up to date as possible for Catalina).

There could be issues if you are using a version that is too old and not fully compatible.

Complex formatting on excel graphs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.